Monday, October 19, 2009

Mandy's Monday

Hey y'all. Hope your Monday is goin' well. I'm feelin' kinda laid back and slang-y today, hope ya don't mind.



I noticed that some people DO check this blog occasionally, so I wanted to let you kindly folk know a little about my job, since you asked so nicely and since that is what takes up the bulk of my time these days. I work at a small (3 full-time, 10 part-time employees), non-profit company near my home (yeah for the 10 minute commute!) that helps people with disabilities to obtain employment. My official title there is Program and Services Director. As part of my job I travel all over the world, from London to Tokyo to Reykjavik to Sydney and back again. Wait. I mean I wish I got to do those things. Back to reality--I work in an office in West Valley and I oversee the operations of the company: supervising, hiring, accounting, payroll, training, marketing, and all that other one-man-band kind of stuff that they let you do in a small company. I do get to travel to exciting destinations in the lovely state of Utah, including but not limited to Ogden, St. George, and Provo. The job started out a little rough, but I do like it now (most of the time), especially since I just got an assistant to help me out in the office, so I have more time to devote to my golf lunches. I am currently looking to hire a few people as part-time job coaches--people who work directly with our clients to help them find jobs, write resumes, fill out applications, practice for interviews, and then learn the job skills they need to be successful once they obtain employment. It's a challenging but very rewarding job. If you know of anyone in the SLC area who might be interested, let me know...



Until next time, have a wonderful day! (week!) (month!) (year!?!)

8 comments:

Alicia said...

yea for updates ;)

Melissa + Brett said...

Ditto Alicia! I am so glad to see you are alive. Now for the newlywed update!

sNick said...

I second that. Woot!

southernbelleang said...

Keep the updates coming. :)

Keryn said...

Hey, babe! Congrats on the travel-job, though it is too bad that you don't get travel outside of our great state.

Miss you!

Marie said...

I see your master plan. Make 'em wait a month between postings. Brilliant and lightly evil, just like Mandy.

Kidding. Except about the brilliant bit.

That sounds like a very rewarding job. You are a compassionate and resilient person and I'm sure you'll navigate its exasperating elements better than most. If I weren't such a cranky soul, I'd nominate myself for the job, just so I could work with you.

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keryn said...

Hello, Mandy! I saw your beautiful niece Lily yesterday--she is so sweet and smart. She wouldn't talk to me, but Missy (who was tending her) told me she was SO excited about her upcoming little brother. How fun!

Miss you!