Monday, January 4, 2010

Nesting

Now that we know It's a Boy!, I'm trying to give into the nesting instinct so that little Baby Boy Beck has some things to use when he comes home.


  • Bryan and I bought our first package of diapers on Saturday! Size 1. I've been told by several wise mommies that it's not really worth buying a ton of newborn size diapers, since most babies grow out of them so quickly. And, knowing my family history of babies, our little boy will probably be a pretty good size (my guess is around 8 pounds).

  • I found a pattern online for a chair sling http://crafts.sleepingbaby.net/chairseat.html that looks pretty easy. I haven't made it yet nor have I ever used one, so this is not a testimonial. If anyone reading this has used one, please let me know if it's worth it or not.

  • We visited my sister-in-law Tara and her family last week, and she generously gave us a HUGE bag of baby boy clothes and shoes, a baby swing, and a boppy pillow. Thanks Tara!

Okay, so maybe I'm not yet into the full-blown thralls of mommy nesting, but it's a start.

What else do I need to be doing now to be ready when the baby comes? Please share your advice and helpful hints. Thank you!

2 comments:

Keryn said...

Oh, you asked for advice...here goes: (Deep breath)

Just kidding.

Was it Tara who was wearing a baby at your wedding luncheon? If so, get her to show you how to make a cloth sling--they are heaven in a biscuit, or bagel, or whatever. If my memory is wonky, call me and I'll show you how to make/use one. Seriously, they are great.

The three things I needed more of when I brought home my first baby were burp cloths, receiving blankets (the little thin ones), and millions of onesies. (Is that the way that word is spelled?) I was shocked at how quickly we went through those things. The four burp cloths, one receiving blanket, and six onesies I had didn't cut it.

Luckily, my mom was staying for the week, and she went to the store and remedied my situation. Thank goodness for mommies.

Alicia said...

Mint--I'll have to send you a list...too many things to count....!!